|We recognize that it is our basic corporate responsibility to ensure that we meet our needs to today without compromising the needs of future generations. We envisage affluent lifestyles in harmony with the earth as an ideal situation of mankind. We are committed to the distribution, servicing and end of life management of our products in a responsible, safe and environmentally sensitive manner. We will contribute to realizing a sustainable society three fundamental principles of environmental stewardship:|
|Compliance||Pollution Prevention||Continuous Improvement|
|Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, including:
||Proactively prevent or minimize pollution by:
||Continually improve environmental performance through:
|The environmental policy statement and its supporting objectives will be reviewed annually by top management for continuing suitability and to ensure communication and understanding at all levels of the organization.|
President, Dynabook Canada Inc.
Dynabook Inc. Environmental Basic Policy
Dynabook Inc. uses advanced digital technology to establish a leading and trusted position with future generations. We treat development, design, production and sales of notebook PCs, Tablets and Client Solution Business as critical stages in delivering products that are remarkable for innovation and contribute to a more productive lifestyle for our customers. We deliver these cutting-edge products and services with a strong concern for environmental stewardship by balancing new rich values delivered by our products with environmental impacts. By promoting product and service planning in different parts of the world, we make the best use of the characteristic in each region. And based firmly on the recognition that it is our responsibility to maintain the health of the planet as an irreplaceable asset for future generations, we contribute to the development of a sustainable society by promoting activities designed to realize a world that is low in carbon emissions, recycling based, cautious in use of chemical substances, conservative in use of resources and environmentally harmonious.
Promotion of Environmental Management
- We consider environmental stewardship to be one of management's primary responsibilities, promoting environmental activities in harmony with economic activities.
- We have a global environmental management system covering all regions where we carry out business activities, and we provide direction and support to domestic and overseas group companies: We promote environmental management throughout Dynabook Inc. group.
- We comply with all applicable laws and regulations, industry guidelines that we have endorsed, and our own standards concerning the environment.
- We assess the impacts of our business operations, products and services on the environment, including impact to biodiversity, and we specify objectives and targets with respect to the reduction of environmental impacts, including the prevention of pollution.
- We strive to continuously improve environmental management through internal audits and reviews of activities.
- We enhance environmental awareness of all our business associates and employees through environmental activities and their participation in environmental training and educational activities.
Providing environmentally conscious products and services and reducing their environmental impact through business activities
- To conserve limited natural resources, we have a positive environmental approach supporting the efficient use of both products and business processes.
- To provide environmentally conscious products and services throughout their lifecycle, we focus on environmentally conscious design, such as energy-saving design, recourse-saving design, design for recycling, and reduction or elimination of specific chemical substances by design.
- In all phases of the business process including design, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, sale and disposal, we reduce the environmental impact, specifically in prevention of global warming, efficient utilization of recourses and control of chemical substances.
As a corporate citizen of planet Earth
- We contribute to society through our environmental activities, which include the development and provision of excellent, environmentally conscious technologies, processes and products in cooperation with society at large and with our local communities.
- To facilitate mutual understanding with stakeholders, we deliver our environmental messages and disclose our information by environmental publications, promotional or advertising activities and through environmental events and volunteer activities.
Management of Chemical Substances
Proper Management of Chemical Substances
In a factory, chemical substances are used for operating motors, or manufacturing products. Some chemical substances have harmful effects if released into the atmosphere or water. We ensure appropriate management of chemical substances by setting high emission standards and taking measure to prevent leaks, and we constantly seek to minimize the use of chemicals and amounts released into air or water.
Appropriate Management of Chemical Substances
For better control of chemicals, we have submitted notifications in accordance with legal requirements in every country were we operate, investigated usage amounts, and conduct safety check on how chemicals are kept. In addition, we provide periodic training into handling procedures and environmental impact of accident or an emergency response training for workers engaged chemical-used operations.
Toshiba of Canada Limited is a member of the joint government-industry Technical Working Group on Electronic and Electrical Equipment, referred to as the Electronic and electrical Equipment Working Group, which focuses on engaging with industry in the implementation of Canada’s Chemical Management Plan (CMP) under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999. The CMP aims to protect human health and the environment by assessing chemicals used in Canada by taking action on chemicals found to be harmful. Toshiba of Canada is compliance with all Notices under Canada’s CMP.
|Dynabook has demonstrated strong environment leadership and a comitment to the protection and enhancement of the environment by continued successful certification of its manufacturing facilities to the ISO 14001 Environment Management System Certification. Click here for more information on Dynabook enviromental efforts in its products life cycle.|
|Dynabook Canada Inc. is proud to be a registered manufacturer with EPEAT® (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool). It is the definitive global registry for greener electronics, and a rating system for electronic products that helps connect purchasers to environmentally preferable choices. All Dynabook notebooks are EPEAT Certified. For a list of Dynabook qualified products, please visit the EPEAT website.|
|Dynabook proudly produces Energy Star Certified Products. Products that display the Energy Star symbol have been found to meet or exceed higher energy efficiency levels without compromising performance. Saving energy saves you money and reduces the end user’s impact on the environment.
All of Dynabook’s notebook computers are Energy Star certified.
Extended Producer Responsibility
|Dynabook Canada Inc. is a responsible steward of the environment and participates in all regulated Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) stewardship programs for obligated electronic products, residual equipment/components, scrap resulting waste, printed paper and packaging, lamps and batteries in Canada.
Dynabook Canada Inc. responsibly recycles our electronics equipment through a national partnership with eCycle Solutions, whose facilities hold R2/RIOS, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
|Recycle Rechargeable Batteries
Dynabook Canada Inc. has partnered with call2recycle® to help you recycle your used portable rechargeable batteries at no cost. There is a call2recycle label with a 1-800 number on all Toshiba rechargeable batteries used on all Dynabook notebook computers. When your battery is ready to be disposed, just call the 1-800 number to learn how to do it in an environmentally conscious manner. Click here for more information.
|Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA) is a not-for-profit organization managing government-approved programs that are established by manufacturers, retailers and other stakeholders to collect and responsibly recycle end-of-life electronics. EPRA is fulfilling this role on behalf of obligated stewards in nine provinces. Businesses selling regulated electronic products in these provinces can meet their compliance obligation by participating in the EPRA Program. Dynabook Canada Inc. is an EPRA Registered Steward. Click here for more information.
View and download the EPRA Steward list.
Reduction of Environmental Impact for Packaging
In order to reduce environmental impact for packaging, we are promoting several measures as follows.
- Reduction of the size and weight of packaging
- Use of recycled materials
- Use of recyclable materials
- Prohibition of hazardous substances in packaging
- Consideration about bulk packaging option etc
Bulk packaging option may be available for our PCs. If you are interested, please contact your sales representative or email DBCfirstname.lastname@example.org
End of Life Services
|Electronics Recycling Made Easy
You’ve made the exciting decision to upgrade your business notebook technology, but now you’re faced with the daunting task of disposing of your current IT assets. When recycling your organization’s electronics you need to consider data security, environmental compliance and efficiency. In partnership with eCycle Solutions, Dynabook is pleased to offer convenient and secure solutions to help you manage your end-of-life electronics products. It’s never been easier to dispose of your outdated IT assets and upgrade to Dynabook.
- Secure Asset Recovery
- Recycling and Distribution
- Hazard Removal
- Shredding and High grading
- Reporting and Auditing
- Trade In Trade Up
Call 1-800-387-4336 or email DBCemail@example.com to learn more or get a quote.
Repair and Service Information
Dynabook makes available service and repair information. The information is available by viewing or downloading our Information Guide
Dynabook’s Environmental Recovery and Recycling Effort
What happens when non-functioning PCs are sent to landfills? Many of the materials used to make notebook computers, projectors, LCD monitors and Pocket PCs contain toxic elements that pose environmental risks and can also affect our personal health when they seep into our ecosystem.
What is it?
It is a proactive program to ensure that end-of-life computers are disposed of in an environmentally respectful manner. Dynabook will recycle any manufacturer’s notebook computer, projector, LCD monitor, or tablet free of charge. We also accept the return of original packaging provided with the qualified products.
This program does not accept the following: desktop PCs, printers, faxes, CRT monitors and separate computer components such as hard drives, mother boards, memory, video and network cards, etc.
The Computer Recycling Process
- PC hardware received for recycling
- Hardware is disassembled and sorted
- Components are shredded and granulated.
- Magnetic and Eddy Current separation of granules
- Collection of the various types of granules such as metal, precious metals, glass, plastic and circuit boards
How do I arrange to send my old devices to Dynabook?
Click here to email Dynabook. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone Number
- Delivery Address
- List of qualified Product(s) you wish to return
- Indicate if you have a box available for the return of your product
Arrangements will be made to pick up your old PC products at no cost to you.
What if my PC still works?
Should an individual wish to dispose of a functioning PC, there are a number of worthwhile programs that channel these systems to needy organizations in the community.
Where does my old non-functioning notebook PC, projector, LCD monitor or Pocket PC go?
When Dynabook takes possession of the non-functioning PC product, they are then disassembled and the PC components are separated and placed in temporary storage bins for recycling.
Does Dynabook do the recycling?
Dynabook has partnered with a registered ISO 14001 company that disassembles incoming notebooks and personal computers into their basic components such as plastics, circuit boards and metals.
- Plastics are ground to achieve consistency of size and recycled into other useful materials such as foundation pads for buildings, containers used for agriculture potting systems and plastic lumber.
- Circuit boards are smelted to reclaim various precious and semi-precious metals.
- The metal portions are separated and reprocessed into basic commodities, such as copper, aluminum and steel.
Click here for more information about Dynabook Inc.’s environmental policy.